We are counting everything these days. I was really blown away early one morning when she started counting the spots on my pajamas and counted to 10. Addie is also using the word "I" regularly. She will tell me she is tired or hungry. We were eating out this week and she was being a ham and said "I funny". Another day I had to travel for work and called to ask Charlie how she was and he said she's fine and in the background I heard her say "I fine!".
We are still staying with Charlie's brother and sister-in-law but only for a short time longer. I don't know how we could ever repay them for their kindness. Our house is supposed to close on September 21st, we can hardly wait to have a home again. Our contents have been in storage since April so it will be like Christmas once we get them.
We recently traveled to Oklahoma and spent some precious time with our family. We spent most of a day with Granny Juanita and enjoyed a visit with Great Aunt Betty also. Addie bossed them around just like she does us. Then we traveled to Broken Bow for a family reunion and spent time with my other grandparents and aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, etc. We got to spend a lot of quality time with cousins Layne and Lauren. In the end, it became obvious that she is used to being the sole child! She took up with Aunt Kim and Uncle Bub really well. We are looking forward to a trip to Stillwater for OSU homecoming and getting to catch up with Charlie's side of the family.
Here are a few pics from our weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment