Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just an update..........

We are officially in beautiful Colorado.  The weather so far is amazing, we are not going to miss that humidity!  We arrived on Thursday, after a suprisingly enjoyable drive from Lawrence.  Adelyn was a delight the whole trip, we made animal sounds, ate goldfish, counted our fingers and toes and sang for about 10 hours.  We will be in temporary furnished housing until mid-July.  In the meantime, we are praying that our house will sell!  We really enjoyed our time in Lawrence and had many great friends that we will miss but hope they will come visit.

We are so excited to be near Charlie's siblings and their spouses and we hope that mine will come to visit!  My mom and dad are coming out in a few weeks, thankfully there is a very cheap flight from OKC to Denver.  Adelyn spent her first weekend away with Grandma and Grandpa Prickett.  It made us realize what a big girl she is becoming.  She slept through the night in her own bed there and was a treat - so they tell us!  She was able to spend lots of time with Great Grandmother Tefft and Prickett.  We missed her terribly and were quite productive while she was a way, when we picked her up she wasn't even overjoyed to see us :(. 

Adelyn is 17 months old now and suprises us every day.  She is repeating a lot of things that we say, coughs when we cough, sneezes when we sneeze, etc.  She sings her own version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  She loves music and to dance.  She is becoming quite indepenant and opinionated also.  I wish we could freeze her at this age, although I think I have said that about a lot of her stages thus far!  She is such a blessing.  I have several video's and pictures that I will post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment