I'm a little late with this post but it's hard to believe that Adelyn's first year has come and gone. We had a wonderful birthday celebration with lots of friends and family. It was so nice have so many celebrate with us. Our first year with Adelyn was filled with lots of laughs, hugs, kisses and even a few tears - I can only imagine what future years will bring.
Adelyn has changed so much since my last post in October. She is walking and running now. She is really a toddler and not a baby anymore. She eats everything we eat - no more formula or bottles! YAY! She sleeps through the night in her own bed - for the most part. She is so happy to go to Ms. Amanda (our daycare provider, whom we are SO blessed to have). She really seems to love her time with Amanda and Karington and the two dogs. They go for walks and different adventures around town. They have even taught her some new dance moves - which you can see on my facebook page. God has truly blessed us by putting them in our lives.
Adelyn's favorite thing lately is to write - mostly with a pen and usually on paper. She holds the pen like an adult. It's really amazing to see how quickly she is developing. She even has her crayons and coloring book. She also loves to imitate anything that we do. Yesterday was Charlie's birthday so I was singing Happy Birthday to him last night and when I finished she began to sing her version. It seems we never have the video camera when we need it. She loves to give kisses also, Charlie came home and kissed me one night and she ran up and kissed me too. I really wish we could just freeze her at this age - it is so much fun. I'm glad that I am documenting it so when she is a teenager I can look back to see how sweet she was!
We enjoyed our Christmas break - it started with a visit from Mimi (Becky) for a week, she stayed with Adelyn while we worked. She spoiled us by making dinner each night, baking lots of Christmas goodies and even doing the laundry. She also helped finish a few Christmas errands. She and Addie were quite the pair by the end of the week. Mom was loading her stuff and Addie started crying because she was leaving. We hope to make that a tradition that she might come and stay the week before Christmas with us. It was a special time for all of us.
We then traveled to Oklahoma to spend the holidays with both of our families. We enjoyed seeing all of our siblings their spouses and kids. There was no shortage of love for one little girl!
Great Grandma Tefft, Aunt Charlita and John then traveled up to stay with us for a few days so we could go back to work. They took Adelyn to the park while they were here. After they left, she started bringing us her shoes and coat - I think as an indication that she wanted to go to the park.
We are looking forward to a visit from Grandma and Grandpa next weekend so Charlie and I can go to Kansas City for some time together. We are incredibly blessed to have such amazing family and friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment