Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Some much needed sleep!

I'm so happy to report that we had a textbook night last night!  She woke every 2.5-3 hours to eat and then went right back to sleep in her pack and play beside our bed.  This is the first we have seen of this.  Typically she will eat and then is bright eyed.  I really hope this is a sign of things to come in the future.  She has been fussy today but really just wants to be held, I'll take that any day if she will just sleep at night!

Yesterday was Charlie's first day back at work and we survived, but were glad to see him when he came home!  We had an appointment at the hospital with the lactation consultant, they thought she was doing great but for a baby her size might need to be eating a little more so we are working on that.  We also received a call that her thyroid levels from the newborn screenings were elevated so we had to get some additional blood work done and start her on thyroid medicine.  This wasn't terribly alarming as I have also been on this medicine my entire life.  At least it is something we know a lot about and it completely controllable with medication.

Here is a picture from our outing yesterday.  I'm still not supposed to drive so Stefanie, our Doula, took us.  We enjoyed our day with her!  It was fun to dress Adelyn up and put real clothes on myself.  The nurse told us everyone had been asking if our "big girl" was coming in to visit today!  I don't think they will forget us too soon.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment