Friday, July 8, 2011

Babyproofing weekend

The time has come to babyproof our house.  We have procrastinated long enough!  Adelyn is on the move and into everything.  She really loves cords!  I was getting ready one morning and I heard Charlie telling her "NO" and then he said "DONT STICK YOUR FINGER IN THE OUTLET YOUR GOING TO GET SHOCKED"!  Needless to say, we will be purchasing more outlet covers and installing them soon.  We did get the baby gate installed last weekend and we took down the swing and put up the bumbo and a few other infant items.  She has one tooth and this week had her first ear infection.  The combination has made for a rough week and little sleep.  She is still pretty irresistable though.  As I am typing this is is sitting on her knees trying to pull herself up on the ottoman.  I'm so afraid that she will be an early walker!  My only hope is that it might help me to burn a few extra calories.

Last weekend we traveled to Houston for Charlie's cousin, Robert's wedding.  It was a  fun weekend.  Adelyn loved the airport and all of the people and didn't seem to mind the flight.  Needless to say, she made a lot of new friends.

We are starting to explore some new foods, this week I made goulash and put it through the grinder and she enjoyed it.  She loved sucking on the watermelon but wasn't crazy about the idea of eating it.

Adelyn is clapping and babbling - Charlie thinks she is saying dada but don't think so and if she is it's because she means mama! 



No comments:

Post a Comment